11/30/10

Sidney Crosby

Though the Penguins weren't doing so well in the earlier part of the 2000s, I still gave them my heart. I loyally watched each game. Even when they ended in heartbreak, I still wore my black and gold jerseys with pride. In the 2005 draft, the Penguins were lucky to have the first draft pick. They chose Sidney Crosby, an eighteen year old Canadian who was already being called 'The Next Great Thing'. Loyalty pays off! Sidney did to the Penguins what Terry Bradshaw did for the Steelers back in the 1970s.

Though the Pens had a dismal ending to their season that year, Sid the Kid was already an icon in Pittsburgh. Though others scoffed when he was named co-captain at the tender age of eighteen, he quickly had the naysayers zipping their mouths. He has collected many achievements in the five years he has been with the Penguins. He is the youngest captain to ever win a Stanley Cup for his team and he is the first rookie and youngest player to ever record 100 points in a season.

There are not enough good things to be said about this young man. He is an animal on the ice and a total gentleman everywhere else. Though I can't afford tickets to every game, I never miss one. When I can't go to a game, I am always watching him lead his team on my Directtv.


Guest post from: Fidel Short

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Buti nlng may GP ano saves the day hehehe. nasa Vegas na kayo tsang? enjoy your vacay and have fun at the strip

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You are really very loyal to the Penguins, lol. I really am not very familiar with ice hockey that is why I cannot make much intelligent comments. God bless you all always.